Agenda RenewX 2019
“Golden Age of South India, Creating Customer Connections"
Date: 26 April 2019
9:45 – 10:30 hrs
10:30 – 11:30 hrs
10:30 – 10:45 hrs
Lamp Lighting and Felicitation of the Dignitaries on the Dais
10:45 – 10:50 hrs
Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India Pvt Ltd
10:50 - 11: 00 hrs
Shantanu Jaiswal, Head India Research, BloombergNEF
11:00 - 11:05 hrs
Sri G. Raghuma Reddy, CMD, TSSPDCL
11:05- 11:10 hrs
Sri D Prabhakar Rao Chairman & Managing Director TSTransco *
11:10 - 11:15 hrs
Mr. Jean-Francois Aernouts, Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Belgium
11:15 - 11:25 hrs
Key Note Address:
Sri Ajay Mishra, IAS ,Spl. Chief Secretary, Govt of Telangana
11:25 - 11:30 hrs
Vote of thanks
Mr. Rajneesh Khattar, Group Director, UBM India Pvt Ltd
Time: 11:45 – 1:15 pm
Topic: Innovations in Grid Integration for accelerating Solar Roof Top Development in India
The evolution of renewable energy is witnessing an emerging share in Rooftop applications of Solar power. The foresight being residential, commercial and industrial buildings generating their own electricity, which not only is green, but, potentially less expensive as well in the longer run. In addition the excess power can be injected back into the grid and get remunerated.
Session Chair: Sri Ajay Mishra, IAS, Spl. Chief Secretary, Govt of Telangana
Session Moderator: Joerg Gaebler – Principal Advisor, GIZ “A realistic path to achieve India’s Rooftop Solar Goals”
• Sri G. Raghuma Reddy, CMD, Telengana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited
• Sri Aujinder Singh, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE)
“Aggregating demand of RTS – systematic & plannable approach”
• Stefan Schaefer, CEO Expectus GmbH –
“Distribution concept for Standard Solar and India – Solar for the mass”
• Dr Christoph Mueller, CEO Simply Solar
PV Port & Store – distributed solar & storage – a Business Model for Indian Discoms
• Abhishek Ranjan – Head of Renewables – BSES Delhi Distribution Company
Lunch: 1:15 – 2:00 pm
2:00 – 3:00 pm
Topic: The Energy Effect: Buyer perception and Decisions
Theme: Bilateral/ Captive/ Third party open access market for Green Power in Telangana. Customer perspectives, Generators point of view, Regulatory challenges & Future prospects
• Policy framework in Telangana for Bilateral / Captive / Third party sale of green power
• Implementation experience and capacity under open access sale - generator perspectives.
• Customer perspectives of the ease of getting open access permissions. What does the open access customer in Telangana Need from the stake holders?
• Role of TSREDCO in facilitating the growth of the open access market for Green power. How can TSREDCO help buyers and sellers in fostering a healthy open access market in TS?
• How do we achieve stakeholder (Discom, STU, Customer and generator) alignment in operating a conducive Open access regime?
• Renewal of the Solar policy of Telangana and discussion points for incorporating changes and amendments.
Session Chair: Shri N Janaiah, VC & MD – TSREDCO ( Telangana State Renewable Energy Development & Corporation)
• Rohit Gadre, Solar Analyst, BloombergNEF, New Delhi
• Gautham Nalamada, Executive Director & CEO of Photon Energy Systems Limited
• Manish Narula, Sr. Director for Business Development, Jinko Solar
• Siva Kumar, Associate Director, Power & Utilities, KPMG Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
3:00 – 4:00 pm
Topic: Innovations that Make the Future Brighter! Breaking Barriers
Session powered by SolarEdge
Significant transformations have happened in the Renewable Energy Field with issues like safeguard duty and GST which created uncertainty in the market, costs went up, execution challenges mounted and to make matter worse, discoms cancelled many tenders because of unrealistic tariff expectations.
The session will witness some of the top global experts presenting the emerging trends supporting this sector in terms of technology, solution for enterprises, solution for Industry Rooftops, Energy Storage, Floating and more...
• Radhika Choudary, Co-Founder and Director, Freyr Energy
Topic: "Creating grassroots movement, for solar, through technology"
• Shashidhara BV, Head SolarEdge India
Topic: “Powering the Future: More than Just an Inverter”
• M.R. Narayanan, Chairman, Southern Floating Solar Pvt Ltd
Topic: “Advantages of Floating Solar”
• Rahul Khatri, Technical Manager, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions and Advanced Material Business
Topic: “PV Module Quality and Reliability: Learning’s from Field and Lab Studies”.
• Raushan Kumar, Head Channel Sales, Havells
Topic: “Evolving Technology on Energy Storage”
• Sai Charan Kuppili, Technical Director South Asia region, Jinko Solar
Topic: “High ROI with Jinko HET Products”
Topic: Indo-Belgian opportunities dialogue
Focusing on business opportunities between India and Belgium, along with case studies and scenarios, the session will cover Europe’s pivotal role in the Renewable Energy sector and present opportunities for Indian enterprises.
In Europe, and more specifically Belgium, companies have developed a lot of experience in the solar and wind business. The partnership between European and Indian companies can accelerate the energy revolution and bring global best practices to this major market.
3E, a Brussels based data and technology company, is pleased to share their lessons learned and their ongoing research in Europe and South-Africa. As a Belgian company, 3E works together with leading players like ReNew Power in the renewable energy market in India, driving operational excellence in solar & wind asset management.
• Jean Francois Aernouts, Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Belgium
• Kelly Mermuys, Country Manager 3E India & Sales Director Bazefield
• Anil Gagvani, Head-Asset Management ReNew Power Limited
• Bharat Bahl, Head solar O&M ReNew Power Limited
• Pratik Ghoshal, Head of Global Business Development and M&A, WiseEnergy International
• Gautham Nalamada, Executive Director & CEO of Photon Energy Systems Limited
5:00: 5:30 pm
Find your partner with a cup of tea/coffee for sustainable growth
27 April 2019
10:30 – 12:00 pm
Topic: Energy Leaders Dialogue – Market Trends
Power packed Session to discuss and deliberate on market trends, best practises, Leaders Vision, Adopting best global technology, Fund raising and more…
- Overview of current trends
- Investments in RE Sector Globally
- Technologies used and advancements
- Policies and regulatory issues
Moderator: Shantanu Jaiswal, Head India Research, BloombergNEF
• Amit Barve, Vice President, Buisness Development and Marketing, Enerparc
• Tobias Winter, Director, Indo-German Energy Forum Support Office *
• Daniel Liu, Managing Director, South Asia, Jinko Solar
• Dr. Rahul Kapil, VP and Director, LONGi Solar (India)
• Dinesh Salem-Natarajan, Co - Founder SootLess Energy Private Limited
• Farzana Rahman, Unit Head (Investment), Renewable Energy Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) Bangladesh
• Tanmay Bishnoi, MLE,Head – Standards and Research, Skill Council for Green Jobs
12:00 – 1:00 pm
Topic: Energy transition with increasing capital flows in VUCA world
Session with the senior officials from financial institutions, private equity players and independent power producers sharing their thoughts on the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity in the RE Sector in India
The dynamics of the RE sector has undergone a significant transformation with declining tariffs, rising RE penetration and evolution of storage technologies. It is important to explore innovative financing structures and instruments that can enable RE development in these uncertain times.
Supporting financing innovation to manage the energy transition:
Creating the right incentives for investments in new technologies like energy storage, hybrid projects etc.
Developing the right financing and risk mitigation instruments to encourage new investments
Regulations and policies aiming at development of structured financial de-risking instruments
New products such as RE Investment Trusts, masala/green bonds, security trenching, etc.
Moderator: Uday Kiran, Director, Infrastructure, Government & Healthcare, KPMG
• Manash Mitra, Head - Financial Advisory, Tata Cleantech Capital Limited
• Srey Bairiganjan , Renewable Energy Expert, World Bank
• Nithyanandam Yuvaraj Dinesh Babu, Team Leader, E&Y Services Private Limited
• Thorben Glaser ,Project Manager, KfW Development Bank
1:00 – 2:00 pm
Session Title: Harvesting the Sun for Power and Food
Simultaneous use of agricultural land for food production and PV power generation is considered as an interesting upcoming niche market with significant growth potential in India. The technology enables an efficient dual use of agricultural land: photovoltaic’s on open land can be substantially expanded without using valuable resources on fertile land. The yields from PV and farming are optimized through targeted light management. In addition, value creation in the region and rural development are promoted, as Agrophotovoltaic projects are predestined to be managed decentrally by farmers, communities and small and medium-sized enterprises. New economically viable farming options will result. While this concept might be still relatively new to India, solar PV pumping has already become popular. Which new benefits are being expected from the new KUSUM scheme and where solar water pumping is attractive will be demonstrated during this workshop session.
• Tobias Winter, Director, Indo-German Energy Forum Support Office
“Multiple use of land by farming covered with solar photovoltaics – an international overview”
• Sanmati Naik, Manager Energy (RE), Fraunhofer India
“Agro-Photovoltaics: Harvesting the Sun for Power and Food”
Followed by Knowledge Exchange and Discussion with participants
Topic: Importance of Bioenergy in the renewable energy mix for India's present and future -
Waste is not a waste until wasted!
Biogas offers immense benefits like it can generate energy on demand, balance fluctuation in energy generated by other RE sources, can generate bio-slurry, which can be used in agricultural lands and address the waste management issues of the country. This session will focus on the vital role which Biogas will play in renewable energy portfolio of India in upcoming years.
Session Moderator: Srinivas Kasulla – Energy Expert, Indian Biogas Association
• Suresh Rege , iKOS, Mailhem, Case study of Nashik
• Dr. Mahalaxmi, Chief Scientist - Banka Bio Loo
• Som Narayan , Carbon Masters
• S. R. Kumar , Director, Aruna Green Ventures – Decentralized Biogas Plants
*to be confirmed